Magento 2 is one of the best CMSs for developers to build E-commerce websites and start selling online. Buyers love online shopping as it is convenient and hassle-free. Having so many benefits, at the same time, these e-commerce websites face security threats and are on the target list of hackers. Security attacks are common challenges faced by the store owners and Magento 2 developers.
Improving the security of the online store is a highly-important as all the customer records are at stake. A data breach is a major dent in brand reputation and sales. Hence, it becomes important to be alert of the security threats and outsource Magento 2 development company to ensure the customer data remains secured against all online attacks. Being a store owner it is important to have complete detail of signs, attacks and safety measures of the threats. Here is all that you need to know.
Signs of Security Vulnerabilities:
- Drop-in sales for no solid reason
- High server load because of repetitive tasks
- Products not available on the store
- Malicious notifications
- Pages having irrelevant content
- Unknown admin accounts
- The website being blacklisted by a search engine or hosting provider
- Customers complaining about data leaks
- Redirection error leading to high bounce rate
- Server logs revealing brute force attacks
Common Security Attacks:
1. SQL Injection: It gives a hacker an opportunity to access the database having important information like credit card and transaction information. They can even modify the records to avail of free products.
2. Malware: A malicious code, that can access credit card information, encrypt database and change website functionality. The worst thing is that hackers can hide it to attack at the later stages. Malware can be blocked if Magento 2 developer installs an antivirus application to deal with malware.
3. Malicious Bots: These are small codes written to do malevolent tasks. These can affect the performance of the Magento 2 E-commerce stores. Some of them include bandwidth choking, cart blocking, and content scraping.
4. DDOS Attacks: With this, attackers boost unnecessary web traffic to block the target audience. This means buyers who are genuine don’t get access to the store and ultimately loss in sales. These attacks usually occur during the festive season and peak hours sales.
Steps to Secure Magento 2 E-commerce Website
Now you are aware of the major threats your store comes across, you need to follow appropriate steps to handle it.
- Integrate HTTPS on the website to add an extra layer of security for online transactions.
- Outsource Magento 2 Support to integrate PCI to ensure customers are satisfied and confident about entering their card information.
- Block malicious bots to make sure that the whole process executes flawlessly and the performance of the website is always high. Bad bots can be removed by changing the robots.txt file codes.
- Install network Firewalls on the website to stop hackers from reaching the network. They are actually a defense layer that protects critical data from cyber-attacks.
Security is a critical part of any Magento 2 online store and all measures need to be included to improve it. The best method is to hire a Magento 2 Support team that can monitor and manage the security when required. They are the perfect partner in understanding your security requirements and take proper updates of them as well. Be in touch to make sure the E-commerce store is secured with the best measures and practices.